Testosterone Replacement Therapy
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is the sex hormone that helps boys become men. This hormone is key during puberty and the development of male physical features. Testosterone levels can affect men’s sex drive, erections, mood, muscle mass and bone density. Testosterone is also needed for men to produce sperm.
What is Hypogonadism or “Low-T”?
- reduced sex drive,
- less frequent sexual activities,
- fewer and weaker erections,
- less energy,
- depressed mood or irritability,
- less muscle mass and strength,
- more body fat,
- anemia (low iron), and
- loss of calcium from bone.