TherMatrx, A Safe Way to Treat Enlarged Prostate
What is Enlarged Prostate or BPH?
Enlarged prostate or Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) is a natural condition where the prostate gland slowly grows; causing pressure on the urethra (the tube that drains urine from the body) similar to a clamp on a garden hose.
This common non-cancerous condition effects one half of all men over 60.5; and can affect men even in their 40’s. If left untreated, an enlarged prostate can cause permanent urinary problems.
Common Symptoms of enlarged prostate include:
- Frequent urination, especially at night
- Sudden need to urinate
- Difficulty beginning urination
- Pain or burning
- Feeling that your bladder never completely empties
- Dribbling or leaking
- Weak urine stream
Understanding the Prostate
This muscular, walnut-shaped gland in men is located right below the bladder. It surrounds the urethra (the tube that carries urine out of the body) and is responsible for making the fluids that carry sperm.
As a man ages, the prostate slowly enlarges and may begin to squeeze the urethra, causing problems with urination.
While it may be a natural part of adulthood, that doesn’t mean you have to live with the effects. There are effective options for treatment, including the minimally invasive thermotherapy treatment called TherMatrx.
What is TherMatrx?
A Safe Way to Treat Enlarged Prostate
TherMatrx® Office Thermo Therapy™ is a safe, effective, non-surgical treatment for relief of enlarged prostate, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It will help relieve enlarged prostate symptoms and restore your quality of life. Best of all, a single treatment administered in your urologist’s office can provide long-lasting symptom relief.
- Proven safety
- Significant symptom relief
- Long-lasting results
- Simple, comfortable approach
- Minimal post-treatment side effects
TherMatrx is not surgery—— TherMatrx does not require cutting, heavy sedation or hospitalization, and is not surgery. It has been designed for use in your doctor’s office.
- Simple Solution – No ongoing costs
- In-Office – No surgery or hospital visit required.
- Well Tolerated – Most patients have only minor discomfort during the procedure.
- Fast Recovery – You return home right away and can usually resume normal activities within 3 days.
- Insured – Covered by Medicare and most private insurers.
- Minimal Decrease in Sexual Function – A clinical trial reported a less than 1% decrease in sexual function.
- No Drug Interactions – TherMatrx is not a drug so there is no danger of medication interactions.
How TherMatrx Thermo Therapy Works
No cutting or incision is needed. Instead, the urologist temporarily inserts a small, flexible catheter into the urethra; the system begins to work by slowly raising the temperature in a very specific area of the prostate. This causes changes in the prostate tissue that results in increased urine flow.
The symptoms associated with your enlarged prostate begin to improve within six weeks as you begin to improve your overall quality of life. For most men, a single treatment is effective for long-term relief.